I LOVE my work because I have the opportunity to meet new women on a daily basis who are seekers…women who are searching for the best that life has to offer and women who are not content settling for a life that has them “just going along.” By now you know I am not a fan of “just going along!”
When I first get on a call with someone I always ask the same question. “What do you want?”
And do you know what happens next? SILENCE. Complete silence on the other end of the phone. This is not a bad thing…it’s just what happens, because what I’ve learned over the years is that we women are seldom taught how to ask for what we want and if we do, we’re somehow perceived as being selfish!
I think it’s time to stop this – don’t you? If you don’t know what you want – you’ll never be able to figure out how to get anywhere. So right here – right now…stop – take a few minutes and think about what you really want! Go out and a limb and make this all about you.
And know this –
Here are some simple ways to get what you want.
1. Before you do anything, you have to figure out what you want! It sounds simple enough, but it’s amazing how few women have ever given it much thought. For the next few minutes let your mind wander and write down all thing things you want! Just have fun and write.
2. It’s not enough to say, “I want to make more money,” or “I want to lose weight,” or “I’d like to take a vacation with my girlfriends.” You actually have to have a reason behind the desire. For example – you might want to lose weight because then you’ll be able to wear all the clothes you have in your closet…you’ll feel more confident…people will see you differently and you’ll feel more empowered. Now that’s a reason to lose weight. Or – you want to make more money so you can finally get out of debt and feel less stressed and unencumbered by the weight of worrying about money. You have to have a solid, quantifiable reason!
3. Be Quiet! Every morning before you get out of bed, take at least 15 minutes to practice gratitude, meditation or prayer and visualization. Then DECIDE to take one step towards making your want become a reality. Each and every day…we choose how we’ll show up. Choose to take action.
4. Physical force is required for change and you aren’t going to want to do it! Here’s the deal – you’re going to have to change in order to get what you want and you’re never going to feel like changing, because let’s face it – we don’t really like change which is why we go through life striving to be just be fine! Fine is lazy!
5. You have to get out of your head! Our brains are magical wizards but they are also diabolical if you listen to their negative messages, especially when it comes to change. Your brain likes living on auto-pilot. It loves to control your thoughts by telling you not to do something. Don’t listen to it. (Go here to learn the 5 Steps I use to Quiet my Inner Critic that work.)
I have a whole tool box filled with ways to get comfortable with identifying…asking for and finally getting what you want. If you’re ready to take the next step, you might want to schedule an exploratory call with me to see just how ready you are. You can schedule that at in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
There is no one in the world exactly like you. Isn’t it time to take your life to next level and starting living out loud and on fire? If not…what’s holding you back? Leave a comment below.