25 Things sounds like a lot, doesn’t it? But what if they were little things that made a huge difference? What if you don’t have to know all the secrets of the Universe to experience powerful, unbridled change that would make a difference?
I’m one person, but in my quest to seek out small, yet powerful changes in my own life…these, I’ve found have made a world of difference.
1. Begin each day with 5 minutes of gratitude. Allow nothing else to enter your mind except all that you are grateful for. It can be the sound of your kitten purring on your bed. There is always something to be grateful for because life is a blessing even with all it’s twists and turns and stormy waters. If you can read this…be grateful.
2. Unplug from social media and allow yourself to get quiet. The quiet is when we hear the best.
3. Surround yourself with people who are on your side…who care about you…who cheer you on and pick you up. Let go of those who bring you down.
4. Spend part of each day if you can outside. Take in the beauty that surrounds you. There is beauty everywhere and if you have to drive to find…become a beauty seeker.
5. Fill your body with healthy, fresh food. Take time out to eat in peace.
6. Read…read…read. Keep reading books from authors who take you to places you’ve never been and also those who inspire you. Never stop reading.
7. Listen to music. God created music for a reason.
8. Get physical. You don’t have to go to the gym…but you do have to move your body.
9. What inspires you? That thing or things that inspire you are food for your soul. Do them.
10. Create a nightly practice of meditation and more gratitude.
11. Talk to God. If you don’t believe in God…then talk out loud to the Universe. Share your feelings and leave them behind.
12. Forgive and seek forgiveness. When you forgive someone, you don’t necessarily accept the wrong that has been done to you, but you free yourself up from carrying the weight and burden of anger. If you’ve done wrong, ask for forgiveness. Apologize sincerely.
13. Leave your past behind. You can never move forward if you carry your past with you.
14. Let go of perfection. It’s a mask and will never serve you or anyone.
15.Learn new ways to control your inner critic. Here’s how to do that.
16. Play. Get on the floor and play with a child. Dress up. Have fun…be silly. Find your bliss.
17. Open your heart. Too many of us are taught to protect our hearts and we miss out on the flow of love. Practice opening your heart.
18. Serve others. Your community needs you and when we serve, the gifts that flow back to our lives fill us up.
19. Live with intention.
20. Open your eyes to the magic that surrounds you. Often it’s right under your nose.
21. Ask for help. When you’re struggling, extend your hand and let someone in. You don’t have to do life alone.
22. Get enough sleep. There is no honor in going through life always being busy and exhausted. Honor yourself and rest.
23. Get clear about what matters the most and then make those people and things a priority. Think…transformation…love…trust…family…friends…joy.
24. Seek joy. Joy is an inside job and must be cultivated.
25. And finally…know that it’s okay to put you back into the equation. It’s not selfish to take care of you. In fact…there’s nothing more important. You are the only one who can take care of you. When you care for yourself…you show up better in the world.